Anthony Tso - Cinematic Animator and Layout Artist
Previz Artist, Proof Inc., 5150 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036 Apr 2016 - Current
- Animating cameras and characters as directed on Fast 8.
Animator, Naughty Dog, 2425 Olympic Blvd. Suite 3000W Santa Monica, CA 90404 Sept 2015 – Mar 2016
- Worked on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, contracted through Yoh staffing
- Duties included mocap cleanup, keyframe animation and camera animation
- Assisted with setup and direction of mocap shoots.
Previz Artist, The Cavalry FX., 344 Indiana Ave. Venice, 90291 CA Feb 2015 – May 2015
- Worked on previz and postviz for "Fantastic Four" (2015)
- Responsibilities include camera animation, character animation, and light modeling.
Production Artist, Schawk! Onsite at Apple Inc., 1 Infinite Loop. Cupertino, CA 95014 Mar 2014 - Jan 2015
- Primarily assisted in the marketing campaign for the Apple Watch and iPhone 6 launch.
- Worked closely with Apple supervisors to build assets in Cinema 4D and Photoshop
Cinematic Artist, Telltale Games, 4000 Civic Center Dr. Suite 400. San Rafael, CA 94903 Sept 2013 – Mar 2014
- Projects included "The Walking Dead Season Two" and "The Wolf Among Us".
- Responsibilities include previz, camera animation, editing and blending character animation.
Camera Layout Artist, Sony Computer Entertainment America 10030 Barnes Canyon Rd. San Diego, CA 92121 Apr 2013 - July 2013
- Contracted through Yoh staffing, on-site at SCEA San Diego.
- Previz and camera animation for “Knack”, a Playstation 4 release title.
Camera Layout Artist, Rhythm & Hues, 2100 E. Grand Ave. El Segundo, CA 90245 Sept 2010 – Mar 2013
- Animated cameras as directed, performed Rough Layout and Final Layout on “R.I.P.D”, “Hop” as well as “Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked”. Addressed client notes with tight deadlines.
- Layout artist on “Life of Pi”, winner of Best Cinematography for the 2013 Academy Awards. Animated a CG camera to simulate ocean currents. Also experienced with 3d stereoscopic workflow.
- Previz'd shots for difficult scenes in “R.I.P.D” and “Big Miracle”.
- Provided technical support and managed assets for the animation dept with support occasionally given to Lighting, FX, and Compositing on shows such as: Hop, Big Miracle, Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked and The Seventh Son.
- Set dressed various scenes and animated background props in “Hop”.
- Supported Python scripts and ported them to work on different shows.
Interim Animation Support Lead, Rhythm & Hues, 2100 E. Grand Ave. El Segundo, CA 90245 Feb 2013 – Mar 2013
- First point of contact for the Animation Department in case of any issues. Solely provided technical and animation scene file support for the animation team on RIPD.
Shot Creator, The Third Floor Inc, 5410 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036 June 2010 – July 2010
- Previz'd scenes from rough storyboards for “Jack the Giant Killer” and “Fright Night”.
Freelance Lighting Artist, Baked FX, 5315 San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90019 May 2010
- Worked closely with a small group of CG artists to create shaders and lighting setups for CG objects to be composited with live action footage.
Graphic Artist, Adsync Technologies, 111 S De Villiers St. Pensacola, FL 32502 Sept 2009 – Feb 2010
- Worked with a small team to model and texture low-poly environments for training simulators.
- Worked with raw satellite and LIDAR data to create geographically accurate 3d terrain.
Ringling College of Art + Design,Sarasota, FL
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Computer Animation – May, 2009 Graduate
Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Motionbuilder, Photoshop, Corel Painter, Zbrush(basic), Apple Shake, The Foundry Nuke, Adobe Premiere, Windows, Mac OS X, SUSE Linux, OpenOffice Suite, Microsoft Office Suite.
Layout/Previz, Cinematography, Animation, Lighting, Modeling. Over 4 years experience working in a production environment.